Robert D. Critton Jr.
Robert D. Critton Jr. – Partner
Critton, Luttier & Coleman, LLP
303 Banyan Boulevard, Suite 400
West Palm Beach, Florida 33401
Commercial Litigation & Personal Injury Attorney Serving the Entire State
Contact at 561-515-3135 or email@example.com
Robert D. Critton Jr. has been practicing law in Palm Beach County for more than 35 years. He has earned Florida Bar Board Certification in Civil Trial Law, , which is the highest level of recognition by The Florida Bar for the competency and experience of a civil trial attorney. He is profiled in The Best Lawyers in America, Super Lawyers, and is also AV-rated by Martindale-Hubbell and included in the organization's Bar Register of Preeminent Lawyers.
Mr. Critton's areas of practice include general civil and complex commercial litigation, personal injury, wrongful death, insurance litigation and legal malpractice. He has extensive experience in reaching successful verdicts and settlements for both plaintiffs and defendants. He has resolved numerous multimillion-dollar cases for the benefit of the Firm’s clients and saved other clients millions of dollars sought by opponents.
Mr. Critton has successfully represented lawyers in fee disputes with other law firms as well as clients. He has negotiated multimillion-dollar resolutions between firms and lien related issues with clients.
In representing plaintiffs, he has also been successful in obtaining million-dollar plus settlements for clients where their initial attorneys failed to properly represent them.
In representing attorneys and law firms, he has successfully defended attorneys, has secured insurance coverage for law firms where the carrier has denied coverage, and has been able to settle cases within coverage limits where damages may well have exceeded the available coverage.
He has represented solo practitioners in addition to large firms in a variety of claims brought against them.
Because Mr. Critton has represented Plaintiffs and Defendants, he has an excellent understanding and perspective in representing clients who have been damaged as well as a keen ability to ferret/screen out unsubstantiated and baseless claims when he is actively defending attorneys.
In addition to his full-time practice, Mr. Critton is very active in the community. Mr. Critton currently is on the Caron Drug & Alcohol Treatment Centers' Board of Trustees. He is on the Board of Directors for the Hanley Center, a Caron Treatment Center. He is a prior chairman of the Board of Directors and Director Emeritus at the Jerome Golden Center for Behavioral Health, formerly known as the Oakwood Center of the Palm Beaches, Inc., which is Palm Beach County’s premier community behavioral health center.
Mr. Critton is also a past president of the board of directors of the Drug Abuse Treatment Association, Inc. (DATA). In 2004, DATA awarded Mr. Critton with the Changing Lives Award for the more than 25 years of support and dedication to substance abuse issues and causes.
Mr. Critton is a member of The Florida Bar, the American Association for Justice, American Board of Trial Advocates, and the Florida Justice Association. Mr. Critton is admitted to practice throughout the State of Florida and before the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fifth and Eleventh Circuits, as well as before the United States Supreme Court. He is also admitted to practice in the District of Columbia.
- Complex Commercial Litigation
- Personal Injury – Plaintiff
- Legal Malpractice – Civil Plaintiff and Defense
- Sexual Battery & Assault – Civil Plaintiff & Defense
- The Florida Bar, 1976
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Florida, 1981
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Eleventh Circuit, 1984
- U.S. Supreme Court, 1981
- District of Columbia, 1984
Certifications / Specialties:
- Board Certified Civil Trial Lawyer, Florida Bar Board of Legal Specialization and Education, 1993
Awards & Honors:
- Martindale-Hubbell's Bar Register of Preeminent Lawyers
- Profiled in Best Lawyers in America
- 2004 Drug Abuse Treatment Association, Inc. (DATA) Changing Lives Award
- Super Lawyer Magazine – 2011 “Super Lawyer" (2006-2012)
- Best Lawyers – 2012, 2013
Professional Associations and Leadership Activities:
- The Florida Bar – Member
- American Board of Trial Advocates
- American Association for Justice – Member
- The District of Columbia Bar – Member
- Palm Beach County Bar Association – Member
- The Florida Justice Association – Member
- Caron Drug & Alcohol Treatment Centers – Board of Trustees
- Hanley Center – Director
- Jerome Golden Center for Behavioral Health – Director Emeritus & Past Chairman of the Board of Directors
- Drug Treatment Association, Inc. – Past President of the Board of Directors
News & Media
Trusted source for local and regional news and media.
As seen on: Palm Beach Post, Sun-Sentinel, South Florida Business Journal, Daily Business Review, Florida Trend, & Palm Beach Daily News.